The NFL on CBS's lead broadcast team of Jim Nantz and Phil Simms will work their fourth Super Bowl broadcast together (Simms' eighth overall with CBS & NBC). Lead reporter Tracy Wolfson and Evan Washburn will each work their first Super Bowl assignment sharing sideline duties. The NFL Today will anchor the pregame broadcast, lead by by host James Brown with a 4 hour presentation from Santa Clara. Boomer Esiason will be working double duty as studio analyst for CBS and game analyst joining Kevin Harlan and Dan Fouts for Westwood One Radio's national broadcast. ESPN will air its first Super Bowl, presenting the Spanish broadcast on ESPN Deportes, as well as providing the SAP option for the CBS broadcast. The game can be streamed online for free on CBS Sports.com and select mobile phones.
CBS’s game coverage begins at 6 p.m. EST with player interoductions and the national anthem, followed by the kickoff scheduled approximately a half hour later. Grammy Award winning band Coldplay will perform this year's halftime show. At the conclusion of the game, Nantz will join NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell for the presentation of the Lombardi Trophy to the new world champions. CBS Sports Network will wrap up the event with post game coverage after CBS goes off the air.
SUPER BOWL 50
CAROLINA PANTHERS vs DENVER BRONCOS
Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, CA
Sunday, February 7, CBS 6:30 p.m. ET
Game Commentators- Jim Nantz, Phil Simms
Sideline Reporters- Evan Washburn (CAR), Tracy Wolfson (DEN)
Officiating Expert- Mike Carey; Special Teams Analyst- Jay Feely
The Super Bowl Today
James Brown, Bill Cowher, Boomer Esiason, Tony Gonzalez, Bart Scott
Additional Talent- Ian Eagle, Greg Gumbel, Trent Green, Amy Trask
Guests- Jets WR Brandon Marshall, Saints Coach Sean Payton, Ravens WR Steve Smith
NFL Insider- Jason La Canfora; Reporter- Allie LaForce; Contributor- Jim Rome
CBS Super Bowl Sunday Broadcast Schedule
Super Bowl 50: Before they were Pros - 11 a.m. ET
Road to the Super Bowl - Noon ET
Phil Simms All-Iron Team: Super Bowl Edition - 1 p.m. ET
The Super Bowl Today: Pregame Show - 2 p.m. ET
Super Bowl on CBS Kickoff Show - 6 p.m. ET
Super Bowl 50 - 6:30 p.m. ET; Kickoff 6:40 p.m. ET approx.
• National Anthem- Lady Gaga
• Halftime Show- Coldplay ft. Beyonce
• Trophy Presentation with Jim Nantz
The Super Bowl Today Post Game Show - CBS Sports Network 10:30 p.m. ET (appx)
Pregame Interviews & Segment
- Buffalo Back to the Future - A hypothetical revision the Buffalo Bills.
- Super Bowl Essay – Reflection of how the Super Bowl has evolved in the past 50 years
- And Then There Were Six – The six living play by play announcers of the Super Bowl: Jim Nantz, Greg Gumbel, Al Michaels, Joe Buck, Dick Enberg and Jack Whitaker
- NFL’s first Commissioner Pete Rozelle
- The World’s Longest Touchdown Catch – Recreating ‘The Catch’ with Joe Montana
- Story of Tennessee high school football star Zaevion Dobson, who was killed saving classmates during a drive by shooting
- Bill Cowher interviews Bronco’s QB Peyton Manning, as well as Panther’s coach Ron Rivera
- James Brown interviews Panther’s QB Cam Newton.
- Phil Simms interviews Bronco’s GM John Elway. Both were QBs of Super Bowl XXI
- Tony Gonzalez interviews Bronco's LB Demarcus Ware & Def Coach Wade Phillips
- CBS This Morning’s Gayle King interviews President Barack Obama & First Lady Michelle Obama
- Essays of Difference Makers of the Super Bowl narrated by NFL alumni past & present
- Vignettes of the Super Bowls through the decades
- Discussion with past Super Bowl MVPs
- Vignettes of neighborhoods in the Bay Area
- Look-ins with the US Armed Forces in Afghanistan, as well as US Astronauts
ESPN Deportes- Alvaro Martin, Raul Allegre; Reporter: John Sutcliffe
SAP simulcast on CBS, as well on ESPN Deportes Radio
Westwood One Radio- Kevin Harlan, Boomer Esiason, Dan Fouts; Reporters: James Lofton, Mark Malone
Sirius Radio Channel 88; XM Radio Channel 88
Panthers Radio- WBT- Mick Mixon, Eugene Robinson & Jim Szoke
Sirius Radio channel 83; XM Radio channel 226
Broncos Radio- KOA/KRFX- Dave Logan, Ed McCaffrey
Sirius Radio channel 82; XM Radio channel 225
NFL Films World Feed- Bob Papa, Charles Davis
Internet Streaming- CBS Sports.com; NFL.com on Verizon mobile devices
Other Network Broadcast Schedules
NFL GameDay Morning - NFL Network 9 a.m.
Super Bowl Greatest Commercials 2016 - NFL Network 5:30 p.m.
Super Bowl 50 Game Center - NFL Network 6:30 p.m.
NFL GameDay Final - NFL Network 10:30 p.m.*
Super Bowl 50 Encore - NFL Network 1:30 a.m.
NFL Insiders - ESPN 10 a.m.
Postseason NFL Countdown - ESPN 11 a.m.
NFL Countdown - ESPN 10:30 p.m.*
SportsCenter - ESPN 11 p.m.*
FOX Sports Live - FS1 10:30 p.m.*
* - post game begins at conclusion of CBS coverage